Tipsy Gecko Villa
- SQF 4,000
Villa Tipsy Gecko is a magnificent large very open two story private waterfront beach house located directly on the Caribbean Sea in Placencia, Belize. Outstanding features radiate luxury and beauty throughout this exquisite 5+ Bedroom, 4.5 Bath residence. (5th bedroom does not have its own bath, but a half bath across the hall)
Located just 1 mile south from the Placencia Hotel and 1 mile north of Maya Beach. The home is uniquely located in upscale area that provides for a very private beach setting, yet it is close to fine dining and other upscale resorts in an exclusive section of Placencia, just 10 minutes from Placencia Village and air strip.
Home is meticulously maintained by full time onsite staff and very active owners that continue to invest in property and make improvements like the private pool on beach and large covered ocean pier with bar, hammocks, and lounge chairs.
The main home is two stories consisting of over 4,000 sq ft of living area and covered patios directly over looking a private beach, private covered ocean pier. A great view over the lagoon and the Mayan Mountains can also be had from upstairs living area and from the street side covered deck located on the front side of home.
Upstairs in the home you will find two master bedrooms suites each directly over looking the ocean that provide breathtaking views. Each master suite includes a large private bathroom, balcony and huge walk in showers. A large living area and full size walk around bar, complete with 50' flat screen TV and private covered balcony are located between the two master bedrooms making an ideal setting for two couples to use the home at the same time. Another bedroom with a full/twin bunk bed set up, is also located upstairs. This bedroom does not have its own bath but there is a half bath across the hall.
The two remaining bedrooms are located on the first floor, each with its own private bath.
Cook dinner on the large outside gas grill and enjoy a local drink while relaxing under the fans on the large covered patio steps from the ocean. After dinner, enjoy a quiet private walk on the beach with no one around or retire upstairs to enjoy a drink at the large full walk around bar, complete with 50' flat screen TV, or sit on the adjacent large covered 2nd floor balcony.
Calendar is accurate and updated. If dates desired are not shown as available please check out our other 2 beach homes located next door on beach. Home can sleep up to 36 when combined with Groovy Gecko and Jammin Gecko located next door on the beach.
- Bedroom 1 First Floor - 1 Queen
- Bedroom 2 First Floor - 1 Queen
- Master Suite 1 Second Floor - 1 King
- Master Suite 2 Second Floor - 1 Queen
- Living Room First Floor - 1 Pull Out Sofa
- Bedroom Second Floor - Full/Twin Bunk Bed
- Available upon request: 1 Pack and Play (crib) and 1 Portable High Chair Booster Seat
Other features of the home include:
- Privacy Fence with driveway gate.
- Home is decorated, fully furnished and outfitted.
- Custom high end construction and finish out, all high end natural stone flooring throughout with no carpet in home. Main living areas are on the first floor so ideally for those not wanting to navigate stairs to get to the kitchen or living area.
- Home is complete with 150 foot covered ocean pier, private pool in back yard of home on beach, and large lagoon lot across the street with pier and garden.
Following items are INCLUDED with rental:
- DAILY MAID SERVICE
- 24 HOUR CARETAKER
- PRIVATE CHEF (3 days included with weekly rental after 6/1/2014)
- USE OF 6 SEAT GAS GOLF CART
- ONSITE LAUNDRY AND WASHING OF GUESTS CLOTHING BY ONSITE STAFF
- USE OF KAYAKS, PADDLEBOARDS, AND BICYCLES AT HOME
- USE OF PLACENCIA HOTEL POOL
- TRANSFERS TO/FROM PLACENCIA AIRSTRIP
- WI-FI WITH HIGH SPEED INTERNET AND FREE PHONE SERVICE TO USA
- Detached staff apartment, laundry room and storage lockers are located in separate building on the property.
- Grocery shoping and conceirge service by onsite care taker. Prior to your arrival, you will be sent an email to plan your menu and the chef will offer to pre-purchase any groceries you might like.
4 Bathroom, 5 Bedroom, 1 Dining-Room, 1 Kitchen, 1 Living room
Sleeping1 Double bed, 1 King bed, 3 Queen bed, 1 Studio couch, 1 Single bed
CookingChild's high chair, Coffee machine, Cooking utensils, Dishwasher, Kitchen stove, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Toaster, Chef Services
Heating/CoolingAir conditioning, Ceiling fans
OutsidePrivate Balcony, Beach, Mountain Views, Ocean Pier
EntertainmentDVD-Player, Wireless Broadband Internet, Stereo system, Telephone, TV (Satellite), Events Allowed, Games
SanitaryHair dryer, Shower, Washbasin
LaundryClothes dryer, Iron & Board, Washing machine
MiscellaneousSafe, Security system
Spa & GymUnheated Outdoor swimming pool
OutsideDeck chairs, Bicycles, Canoe/Kayak, Private Garden, Gated-Community, Golf cart
12:00 PM (noon)
Should I drive or fly to Placencia?
FLYING – The flight from Belize City to Placencia is 25 - 30 minutes and cost $243.50 round trip per person. Once we receive your group’s international flight details, we will book your local flights and arrange pick up from the Placencia airstrip to the property.
PRIVATE SHUTTLE – The drive from Belize City to Placencia is 3 hours and cost $550 round trip for up to 3 passengers then $50 for each additional person round trip. 1 hour is through the rainforest and unbelievably beautiful. Once we receive your group’s international flight details, we will book your shuttle to the property.
DRIVING – for a week trip as long as you have at least 4 people per vehicle driving ends up being less expensive than flying. The drive is 3 hours with easy to follow directions. 1 hour is through the rainforest and unbelievably beautiful. We do advise trying to get to the house pretty close to dark as there aren’t a lot of street lights in Belize. With that being said a flight arriving at 4pm or later will not allow you to get to Placencia before dark and the drive in the dark is much harder and NOT advised!